Born Sydney 1973
- 1994 BFA (Painting) UNSW COFA
- 2001 City and Guilds Garden Design, Capel Manor College, London
- 2008 Vectorworks for Garden design, Capel Manor College, London
- 2009 Forest School Practitioner Level 3, Archimedes Training UK
- 2014 - Leadership for Sustainability, Centre for Sustainability Leadership, Illawarra programme.
I lived and worked in London between 1996 - 2013. I continued to develop my Fine Art practice as well as training in Garden Design and establishing a successful garden design business Rushby-Smith Designs Ltd.
In September 2013 I returned to Australia with my young family. I am now living in Gerringong, South Coast NSW and exploring this new landscape and location...
2016 - present Director and co-founder of Outdoor Connections Australia
Outdoor nature play holiday sessions, teacher Professional Development and workshops for parents.
- 2017 Landscape design consultancy for Gerringong community for Nature play area at the Arthur Campbell Reserve Gerringong.
- 2016 Landscapedesign consultancy to provide Master Planning for Nature Play area at Berry Sport and Recreation camp, NSW. Office of Sport.
2003 - 2013 Director of Rushby-Smith Designs Ltd (UK)
Garden Design consultancy providing garden design, planting specification and maintenance
2010 - 2013 Co-Founder of Urban Outdoors London
Collaboration with artist Nina Gebauer to provide creative approaches to Outdoor Learning for a wide range of community users, including schools. Projects included:
- Air Quality workshops for London Borough of Camden Primary schools.
Involved the delivery of creative workshops exploring the causes and impacts of air pollution in 4 Camden Primary schools in 2012 and 2013. At Argyle Primary School Urban Outdoors delivered a rooftop garden and mural alongside workshops and a whole school assembly.
- Nectar Garden for Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
A 12 week programme to develop a Nectar Garden at an Inner London Nature reserve, working with adults with mental health issues. Included the creation of a recycled ceramic tile mural for the site.
- Forest School programmes
Urban Outdoors delivered teacher training days and playground consultations on the Forest school approach to outdoor learning. Working with Carlton Primary School we delivered a 12 week long Forest School programme as a transition project for children in Reception and into Year 1. This was delivered over 2 consecutive years.
Freelance Creative Practitioner, Public Art commissions and Playwork
- 2017 Kiama Community Arts Grant recipient to deliver UNITY Kiama at the KISS ARTS festival
- 2015 Kiama Community Arts grant recipient to facilitate Beach Art Workshops for teens.
- 2012 - 13, Playworker: Part time employment at Benthal Primary school, Hackney in the after school Playcentre.
- February 2011, Creative workshops: delivery of art workshop with SEN primary age children to create a permanent memorial artwork. Cherry Garden SEN school, Bermondsey.
- Feb – Dec 2010, Gardening Club leader – After school club and classtime creative outdoors sessions for Baden-Powell Primary School, Hackney.
- Jan – March 2007, Banner for Leaside Outdoor Centre, Clapton. Outdoor banner produced in conjunction with Stormont House SEN High School pupils through creative art workshops. Project undertaken in collaboration with artist Tim Rushby-Smith.
- June 2004, Gateway and Outdoor Classroom - Bow Creek Ecology Park, Bow, London. Design and delivery of a Sculptural Gateway, Outdoor Classroom learning area and mural. For Lee Valley Regional Park Authority. Project undertaken in collaboration with artist Jan Rosser.
- May 2003, Seamonster - Limehouse Cut, London. Sculptural wall piece, playground design and Primary school art workshops. For British Waterways and Our Lady's School Limehouse. Project undertaken in collaboration with artist Jan Rosser.
- August 2002, Mosaic Nature Trail Markers for Railway Fields Nature Reserve, Haringay. Commission to design and fabricate new path markers in glass mosaic. The markers reflect the different plant and animal life of the reserve.
- May 2002, Gateway at Old Ford Lock, London E3. for British Waterways. Workshops with Primary school groups to inform design. Project undertaken in collaboration with artist Jan Rosser.
Fine Art practice - painting, installation and curatorship
- 2017 - Echoes in the Landscape exhibition at the Little Blowhole Art Bar, Kiama
- 2016 - Sculptural piece "Swimming in the Anthropocene" exhibited at the 2nd EcoArts Australis Conference, Wollongong.
- 2015 - From the Tidal Zone exhibition, with Leon Sadubin Furniture maker Gerringong NSW, Australia
- 2012 - shortlisted for Royal Academy Summer Show
- April 2012 - Urban Bluebells installation selected for Patio Projects 2012 at Wilson Williams Gallery Hackney Downs followed by a community planting of the Bluebells on Hackney Downs.
- April 2011 - Bluebells community arts project to plant bluebells at Mabley Green Meadow.
- August 2011 - Landscape of Change Exhibition Curator - BHVU Gallery, N16
- December 2010 - Winter Open Co-curator - BHVU Gallery N16
- June 2010 - Summer Open Co-curator – BHVU Gallery N16
- June 2007 – Arts Unwrapped: Unit A Leswin Place Studios N16
- April 2007 – Open Studios: Unit A Leswin Place Studios N16
- January 2006 – New work: shown at Beaucatcher Salon N16
- December 2001 - Four Show: group exhibition Vortex Gallery Stoke Newington
- November 2001 - 6th Chichester Open: work selected for exhibition
- June 2001 - Leaf: solo show at Gallery 77 Broadway Market, London
- May 2000 - Canalside: The Gallery Stoke Newington, London
- February 2000 - Over the Counter: group show The Gallery Stoke Newington,
- December 1997 - Four Sight: group show at PCL Gallery, Sydney
- December 1994 - Graduation Show: UNSW College of Fine Art, Sydney